Jumpstart, a national early childhood literacy program, trains and prepares college students to mentor preschool aged children. Join over 115 Pitt students to work towards the day every child in America enters school prepared to succeed.
By joining Jumpstart, you will:
- Become an AmeriCorps Member
- Earn your work study award at $8.15/hour
- Receive an education award of $1,000
- Give your resume a boost
- Fulfill numerous Out of the Classroom Curriculum requirements by joining and completing the program
- Meet great people and get involved on campus!
Jumpstart members serve approximately 12 hours/week for the entire school year and must be able to fit one of the following session times into both their fall and spring schedule:
- Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am-12:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am-12:30pm
- Monday and Wednesday from 2:00pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00pm-5:30pm
Transportation is provided.
To apply, please visit www.jstart.org/apply!
is working toward the day every child in America enters school prepared to succeed.